Founded in 1925, Rudin Management Company is a multigenerational, family-owned company that develops, owns, and manages a portfolio of sustainable, diversified, best in class real estate assets and investments that create value for the communities where they exist.
Led by the third and fourth generations of the Rudin family, Rudin Management Company controls one of the largest privately owned real estate portfolios in New York City overseeing daily operations of 33 properties, including 16 commercial office buildings totaling 10.5 million square feet and 17 multifamily properties containing 4.7 million square feet. The company maintains a long-term approach to developing, managing, and maintaining timeless developments within the city of New York and is committed to reinvesting in and enhancing its properties.
Rudin Management Company prides itself on a high level of customer service to its tenants and residents, a corporate culture respectful and supportive of its employees, a commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, and its sterling reputation as a corporate citizen within the City. The Rudin family has a long tradition of service and philanthropy in New York City.
For more information on Rudin Management and its portfolio, visit www.rudin.com.
Rudin seeks to hire a highly motivated, dynamic individual to join the company as a Senior Human Resources Generalist supporting the commercial office portfolio. The candidate will contribute to and support the organization’s mission, values, strategic goals and objectives, assist in formulating policy guidelines, contribute to the change process and be a driver of HR’s contribution to organizational effectiveness. This role will support union and non-union populations and report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources.
The successful candidate will be an influencer, who is innovative and strategic. The candidate will be detail orientated and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Policies and procedures
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Ensures compliance with collective bargaining agreements with 32BJ and L94
- Reviews changes and recommends new policies and approaches
- Advises employees and management on the interpretation of policies, programs and procedures
- Supports annual performance review process for the commercial practice
- Partner with managers to grow and develop employees
- Collaborates with Department Managers on staffing needs, understanding skills and competencies requirements and prepares job descriptions
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions
- Conducts reference checks and acquires background checks
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Facilitate dialog and foster relationships with union delegates (32BJ, L94) and Realty Advisory Board (RAB)
- Attend union grievance and/or arbitration as necessary
- Exposure to workers compensation and disability claims and processes
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Point of contact for general inquiries from the commercial office portfolio
- Assists in the creation of a formal company-wide training and development program; reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This includes but is not limited to: safety training, anti-harassment training, professional and technical training and certifications.
- Works on long-term, sustainable initiatives including: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Mentorship, Internship and Wellness
- Manage leaves of absence to ensure accurate tracking
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 7 years in a HR Generalist position with union experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, ADP or other similar payroll and HRIS systems
- Knowledgeable of employment-related laws and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Strong organization, time management and project management skills
- Acts with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Onsite presence is required for this position
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and understand needs of multiple constituencies
- Effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under pressure
- PHR or other HR certification is a plus
- Experience in the real estate industry and have supported 32BJ and/or local 94 employees
- Payroll experience of 2+ years (ADP preferred)
- Prior supervisory experience
Rudin is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. Rudin makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment for all new employees. Rudin requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated by the time they begin employment with Rudin, unless they have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. All new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination in connection with Rudin’s mandatory vaccination policy.
Rudin will comply with the reasonable accommodation provisions of federal, state and local laws for those individuals who are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause undue hardship or pose a direct threat, in accordance with applicable law. If you require a medical or religious exemption, you will be given an opportunity to request one before you begin employment at the Company. If requesting a medical exemption, you may be required to provide documentation supporting your need for such exemption, in accordance with applicable law.
Please visit LinkedIn to apply for the position https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3207577274/.
Starting salary is minimum of 100K. Pay can be more and will depend on experience. We pay medical and dental monthly premiums (for employee + family), offer a pension, and pay bonuses based on performance. We are Hybrid and all candidates must be comfortable commuting to NYC around 4 times each week. Additional flexibility is provided monthly.