Location: New York, NY (downtown)
Experience: 7-10 years of payroll
Compensation: Up to 100K
Senior Payroll Manager
Innovative Senior Payroll Manager to manage the conversion to a new HRIS. He/she will be managing the execution of payroll for over 500 employees in multiple states. The Senior Payroll Manager is the subject matter expert for employee payroll compliance. This position is for a strategic thinker with the drive to implement best practices.
· Partner with Human Resources in working with a new HRIS, Ultipro, managing the full life-cycle implementation of the payroll, time and attendance systems and to ensure employee records are current and accurate.
· Certify systems are established to optimize workflow, meet the needs of the payroll rules as dictated by internal policies and collective bargaining agreement, maximize technical efficiencies, and secure data.
· Critically review and analyze current practices and identify process improvements leading to best-practice operations.
· Enforce established payroll related policies and regulations.
· Automate all aspects of payroll including timesheets, report generation, error and exception reports, payment remittances for various benefits, and general ledger integration.
· Create and implement training for organization-wide staff on use of new system.
· Coordinate and manage entire payroll function.
· Communicate actively with department heads, HR and Finance to ensure proper compliance with internal and external policies and coding from a budgetary perspective.
· Oversee regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
· Provide excellent customer service to all employees.
· Ensure accuracy of payroll data.
· Manage the payroll aspects of the annual and 403(b) audits.
· Keep current on industry trends and legal changes.
· Preparation of ad hoc reports as required.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· 7 -10 or more years of payroll experience required.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Must have managed an HRIS implementation.
· Product history with Ultipro and Ceridian preferred.
· Highly proficient in Excel required.
· Experience processing multi-state payroll for more than 500 employees required.
· CPP Certification a plus.
· Solid understanding of employment law, regulatory, and legal compliance practices required.
· Expertise in payroll best practices and proven track record of process improvement.
· Must be versed with working in a close team environment and providing project management/leadership for various Human Resources projects and initiatives.
· Strong work ethic with ability to work independently required.
· Customer service mentality and approach required.
· Solid organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve outstanding issues required.
· Familiarity with interpreting Union Contracts required.
· Ability to create, review and supply policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com and include job reference number: 865