Founded in 1925, Rudin is a multigenerational, family-owned company that develops, owns, and manages a portfolio of sustainable, diversified, best in class, real estate assets and investments that create value for the communities where they exist.
Led by the third and fourth generations of the Rudin family, Rudin controls one of the largest privately owned real estate portfolios in New York City overseeing daily operations of 33 properties in New York City, including 16 commercial office buildings totaling 10.5 million square feet and 17 multifamily properties containing 4.7 million square feet. The company maintains a long-term approach to developing, managing, and maintaining timeless developments within the city of New York and is committed to reinvesting in and enhancing its properties.
Rudin prides itself on a high level of customer service to its tenants and residents, a corporate culture respectful and supportive of its employees, a commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, and its sterling reputation as a corporate citizen within the City. The Rudin family has a long tradition of service and philanthropy in New York City.
For more information on Rudin and its portfolio, visit www.rudin.com.
The Human Resources Generalist is a key role within the Human Resources department and will provide administrative and strategic support for the Multifamily (Residential) portfolio. This role provides great exposure to all aspects of HR and plays an integral role in attracting, supporting, developing, and empowering our most valuable assets: our people. This role will report directly to the Human Resources Business Partner, Multifamily.
- Understand the business and Multifamily groups holistically; be proactive in support of leaders and team members as related to HR matters, and provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Connect with Department Managers on staffing needs, understanding skills and competencies requirements, and develop position job descriptions in coordination with the business
- Act as a point of contact for general inquiries from the Multifamily employees, and investigate any complaints or concerns as requested
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions
- Review background investigation reports and complete reference checks
- Maintain employee files, ensuring accurate and compliant new hire documentation and tracking
- Support annual performance review process for the Multifamily teams
- Assist in the creation of a formal company-wide training and development program; review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. These include but are not limited to: safety training, anti-harassment training, professional and technical training, and certifications
- Assist on long-term, sustainable initiatives including: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion; Mentorship; Internship; Learning & Development; and Wellness
- Assist in HRIS reporting and analysis
- Conduct exit interviews
- Participate in special projects related to HR and perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years in a HR position supporting a population of greater than 100 employees
- Payroll experience: ADP or another similar payroll/HRIS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Ability to manage projects independently and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Strong organization, time management and project management skills
- Acts with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Onsite presence is required for this position
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and understand needs of multiple constituencies
- Experience in the real estate industry or other professional industry preferred
- PHR or other HR certification is a plus
Rudin is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. Rudin makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment for all new employees. Rudin requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated by the time they begin employment with Rudin, unless they have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. All new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination in connection with Rudin’s mandatory vaccination policy.
Rudin will comply with the reasonable accommodation provisions of federal, state and local laws for those individuals who are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause undue hardship or pose a direct threat, in accordance with applicable law. If you require a medical or religious exemption, you will be given an opportunity to request one before you begin employment at the Company. If requesting a medical exemption, you may be required to provide documentation supporting your need for such exemption, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply now
Please visit LinkedIn to apply for the position https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3244772354/
Starting salary is minimum of 75K. Pay can be more and will depend on experience. We pay medical and dental monthly premiums (for employee + family), offer a pension, and pay bonuses based on
performance. We are Hybrid and all candidates must be comfortable commuting to NYC around 4 times each week. Additional flexibility is provided monthly.