Location: Charlotte, NC & Anywhere in the Country
Job Type: Permanent
Sector: Career Development
Resource Management Senior Associate (FSO Assurance)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Experience Management (EM) team is committed to providing our client-serving professionals with relevant experiences to promote career development and growth. As an Experience Manager, you’ll be identifying talent with specific skill sets to build diverse teams supporting our clients. You’ll build relationships at all levels and be a trusted and strategic business advisor to our business leaders. You’ll also interact with various business functions, including finance, operations, and business development, and be a crucial piece in helping to drive our business in meeting strategic goals.
You’ll work to successfully execute resource/scheduling assignments that are complex and require extensive relationships with engagement managers. You’ll focus on matching resource needs with availability while taking into consideration skills required, personal preferences and engagement risk. You’ll coordinate with other EM managers and client service leaders to balance workloads and address staffing needs as required.
Your key responsibilities
- Assign appropriate client service personnel to engagements by accessing information, reviewing options available and presenting recommendations based on subarea policies and client requirements. Challenge, as appropriate, scheduled hours and personnel to make sure of efficient utilization of resources.
- Promote and monitor the sharing of resources; network with other team members across subareas and service lines to address resource needs and/or conflicts.
- Identify and address scheduling risks (e.g., excessively high/low utilization, morale issues, performance issues, staff/engagement/client issues). Take action to decrease unassigned time and balance the workload of engagement teams.
- Resolve conflicts with engagement team members to identify appropriate alternatives in a timely manner considering engagement requirements and developmental goals of supported staff.
- Build relationships and communicate continuously with client service personnel to identify personal schedule preferences and/or career development goals
- Appropriately prioritize staffing decisions by focusing on engagement needs.
- Counsel supported personnel as needed/requested; raise issues to leadership as appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally with other support functions, including recruiting, talent, and visa and immigration, to best support client servers.
- Read, review and interpret utilization and scheduling reports. Utilize scheduling tools to assist in forecasting hours, tracking utilization and monitoring headcount. Communicate data to leadership and drive strategic conversations to track plan utilization.
- Raise critical and complex issues identified to EM leadership.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical skills; detail-oriented
- Proficient using Microsoft applications, particularly Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient at negotiation and conflict management
- Strong client service focus; responsive to requests and maintains a sense of urgency in resolving issues
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 plus years of experience. Experience in a professional services firm desired
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Proficiency in use of scheduling tool and other Microsoft applications
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks; strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
What we look for
We’re interested in knowledgeable professionals ready to take ownership for spotting trends and improving our processes. You’ll need to be naturally curious, ready to learn and have a genuine passion for improvement. If you’re aiming to influence change within a world-class organization, all while developing your own career, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible: https://careers.ey.com/ey/job/Charlotte-Resource-Management-Senior-Associate-%28FSO-Assurance%29-NC-28202/704585601/.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.