Location: New York
Job Type: Permanent
Executive Assistant to the HR Director
- Act as the first point of contact and liaison between the HR Director and all staff.
- Monitor all incoming correspondence to ensure timely responses and delegation
- Manage the office of the Human Resources Director with a particular focus on organization and productivity including automating currently manual processes and maintaining office aesthetics.
- Assess current systems and processes for managing deadlines, responsiveness and organizing the office; recommend and implements changes as needed.
- Manage the calendar and schedule for the HR Director and in particular, collaborate with Director on meeting preparation and prevent double bookings.
- Consistently conduct post-meeting follow-up to ensure action items are addressed in a timely manner or an action plan is developed. Ensure appropriate planning time between meetings as well as time for breaks.
- Attend meetings, take minutes and distribute minutes to appropriate parties in a timely manner.
- Plan events and coordinate logistics including making room reservations, preparing agendas, assembling other necessary materials.
- Track the progress of tasks and projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Draft, proofread and edit reports, correspondence and confidential documents.
- Respond to phone and e-mail inquiries, route inquiries as appropriate.
- Conduct research on HR-related and other topics and present findings as requested.
- Communicate with staff in a timely and professional manner.
- Facilitate all travel arrangement activities and prepare itineraries ensuring that details are set up in MS Outlook for ease of access;
- Undertake special projects as assigned; Run errands as needed.
- Develop and maintain a filing system; Maintain the Director’s documents with an exceptional level of organization, including files maintained for the Assistant’s use.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in providing direct daily support to senior level staff in a fast-paced
- Must possess and consistently demonstrate a proactive approach to daily support functions
- Impeccable organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills are required; the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing priorities, and changing deadlines in an efficient manner.
- A project management-like approach to providing status updates on tasks and projects; exceptional follow-up and follow through to completion.
- Must possess and demonstrate a “first person in/last person out” daily work style.
- Punctuality, professionalism and a consistently positive attitude.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the Director and take proactive measures to provide support.
- Ability to think analytically and to quickly and clearly synthesize information.
- Ability to proactively solicit clarity on assignments that may appear ambiguous or unclear.
- Superior communication skills, including interpersonal, writing and verbal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, and demonstrate good judgment in a high pressure environment.
- Exceptional level of trustworthiness; consistently demonstrate tact and discretion in a highly confidential environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and to demonstrate grace and flexibility under pressure.
- A sense of humor and the ability to demonstrate grace under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).